- Age Range: 1.5 to 3 years
- Class Structure: 14 classes in a
- Class Length: 45 minute class
- Class Size: Class with no more
than 12 children with parents
Our Time encourages toddlers to uncover an engaging musical world while building confidence, self-control, and communications skills. Singing, imitating sounds, rhyming, and object identification foster language skills, while creative movement to various musical “moods” develops a sense of balance, timing, and spatial awareness. Listening and turn-taking encourage blossoming social skills.
Our Time reflects the emotional foundations of school readiness and the latest research on music and early childhood development. Our Time is a unique opportunity for parent and child to interact and learn together in an unhurried and joyful manner.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development -- Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play -- Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time -- Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy -- Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities -- Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time -- Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice -- A Kindermusik educator explains how the musically based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.